|Chemical composition||ZrO2 95% Y2O3 5%||Size(mm)|
|Wear rate per ton||0.01kg/h||Ø1.8–2.0mm||Ø2.0-2.2mm||Ø2.2-2.4mm||Ø7mm||Ø8mm||Ø10mm|
|Package||25kg/barrel||other size can be customized|
Because the zirconia content of this type of zirconium beads is approximately 95%, it is often referred to as “95 zirconium” or “pure zirconia baht.”
It uses rare earth yttrium oxide as a stabilizer and uses high whiteness and high fineness raw materials to ensure no pollutants.
It is mainly used for ultra-fine grinding and dispersion of materials requiring “zero pollution” and high viscosity and high hardness, such as: non-metallic minerals, pesticides, electronic ceramics, magnetic materials, titanium dioxide, pharmaceutical supplies, pigments, dyes, Ink, special chemical industry, etc.
Definitive Guide for Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Beads
Within the finishing industry, you will come across different finishing media.
These help to ensure that the products you create have the finished look they should have.
That’s because the manufacturing process tends to create a few surface flaws from the machinery used in the process.
One type of media you’ll come across to help you create the ideal surface is Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads.
Manufacturers prefer these to other finishing media as they’re one of the most durable options out there.
Apart from that, you can also use Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads for items within a variety of industries and machines.
Keep reading to find out more about how Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads can work for you.
What are Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Beads?
Mass finishing companies create Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads from yttria-stabilized powder.
The powder undergoes a sintering process that compacts them together to form spherical beads.
At that point, you can also choose the size of the beads you require for your finishing procedure.
Based on the composition of the powder, you’ll create a finishing media with extremely durable properties.
That’s because Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads are known for being resistant to both wear and corrosion.
That resistance ensures that the products you finish do not suffer from any cross-contamination.
Being able to produce purely finished products is always a plus within the mass finishing industry.
Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads also have an intense crushing strength to guarantee the desired results.
That’s because they work well with corrosive and abrasive materials.
What are Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Bead applications?
As mentioned, the durability of the Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads makes them ideal for use with several products.
Some of the typical applications that use this media include:
- The isolation and extraction of RNA, protein, and DNA within the Biotechnology field.
- In the cosmetics industry for the grinding of pigments in items like lipsticks and skin cremes.
- The attrition of ceramic materials. With this application, you can also have different colored Yttria Stabilized Zirconia powder to create colored beads to finish high-end consumer products. These get used on items such as electronic devices, automotive interior parts, watches, and jewelry, among others. The pigmentation systems applied help to create exceptional color and gloss on your pieces.
- You can have the Yttria Stabilized Zirconia in colors such as green, purple, grey, and blue, to list a few. Your selection depends on the color of the items that require work.
- You can use it for pigments to dye foods, plastics, and textiles.
- Used in the dispersion of agrochemicals such as insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides.
- For the milling and dispersion if inkjet inks and printing, coating, and paints.
- Applied in the pharmaceutical field for items such as hip prosthesis and dentures.
- Used for chrome and iron-based magnetic materials.
- For use with minerals such as Zircon, Calcium Carbonate, and TiO2.
- Used in the nano grinding during the production of supplies substances and active substances.
- For use on electronic components and materials. These include ceramic capacitors, lithium titanate, CMP slurry, and graphene, to name a few.
Yttria Stabilized Zirconia shapes
Depending on the process you require on your parts, the shape of the finishing media may vary.
Different media shapes help the process of finishing run more smoothly.
Whichever one you choose for your mass-produced parts will depend on various factors. These include:
- The material of the items you need finished
- The size of the parts you’ve produced
- The machine you will use to finish your items
- The end surface finish you desire for your products
Once you’re aware of all the above factors, then you can choose the Yttria Stabilized Zirconia to achieve what you need.
Different shapes create varying effects on the parts you have, so ensure you know what you need before choosing the form.
With Yttria Stabilized Zirconia, you’ll mainly come across beads or spheres.
However, you can also have them as Cylindrical shapes or Tetragonal shapes.
In case you feel your parts require custom dimensions, you can make the request.
Which Machines Work Best with Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Beads?
Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads get used on items that require high grinding efficiency. As such, you mostly use them with:
1. High-intensity mills
Within this mill’s body, you’ll find counter rings and a shaft with grinding discs in a long, vertical arrangement.
You start the process by filling up the mill with up to 70% of Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads as well as your parts.
Once turned on, the vertical column allows items and media to remain in constant contact while grinding, ensuring even surface finishes.
2. Rolling or stirred ball mills
With these mills, a hollowed-out cylindrical shell.
To grind your products, you place them in the hollow section together with the Yttria Stabilized Zirconia as your grinding media.
The cylinder then starts to rotate on its axis.
The media and items rise from the rotational motion and fall back down due to gravity once they reach a certain height.
The process continues, creating the ideal friction, shearing, and impact properties for your desired finish.
3. Small Capacity Planetary Ball Mills
These bear the same configurations as either the high intensity or ball mills.
They also use the same principles to grind your items.
The difference is that this option is better suited for those with fewer parts to grind.
You can also use them with smaller parts, such as jewelry items.
With the numerous applications of Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads, it’s no wonder they’re a preferred zirconia ball media option.
At your finishing company, you can use them on different products without worrying about their life span.
They’re extremely durable, making them an affordable option for any mass finishing processes that require them.
Apart from that, the fact that they guarantee results at all times means your products will never have substandard finishes.
In case you’re new to the industry, we can help you get the best Yttria Stabilized Zirconia beads to suit your production line.
Our team of experts will find out all the relevant details before giving you a solution that’s best suited for your needs.
You could also inform them of your preferences to help them suggest a tailored solution.